Pages

Posted on: Sunday, October 12, 2014

Let's Talk About Drinks


Let's talk about drinks. No, not the alcoholic kind, but the type that seem to be booming through health stores and giving soda a run for it's money. These days you can't walk into a grocery store (especially organic/health stores) without being bombarded with stands and cases full of colorful bottles claiming to bring you health and balance. I'll be completely honest --I love to buy them! Drinks are such a quick way to get some nutrients into your system and when you're on the go it's much easier to gulp down a smoothie or freshly concocted juice as opposed to eating an actual salad.

Recently I've been trying these aloe vera drinks as I heard they were healing and extremely hydrating (always a good thing in the winter months!). To my surprise, they actually taste great! I was expecting another "health drink" that tasted a bit like drinking blended grass (sorry, wheat-grass lovers..). I was pleased to find that the drinks are quite sweet and taste refreshen when straight from the fridge. I'm no nutritionist, so I can't actually attest to if they are really much better for you than water. That said, I can tell you that I enjoy drinking them and feel extra nourished and almost "cleansed" (is that a feeling one can have post-drink?) after I have one.


Another drink that seems to be "hot" right now is kombucha. I personally love the taste and lots of people praise the drink for the probiotic benefits. Again, I'm not completely sure about it's healing abilities for sickness or it's chance of boosting your immune system, but at this time of the year I'm almost willing to try anything!

What are your thoughts? Do you have any drinks or health foods you swear by? I know coconut water is a huge favorite for many, but I just can't get into that one! I will, however, mix up my nightly Golden Milk between coconut milk and Silk. Let me know what your favorites are! I'm always looking to try new things :)

xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment