Pages

Posted on: Monday, October 6, 2014

The Only Pumpkin Muffin Recipe You'll Ever Need

You guys. This is it right here. The best pumpkin muffin recipe there is, trust me. Is that a bold statement? Maybe..but as a self-proclaimed pumpkin connoisseur I think I'm fairly qualified to make such bold claims. These pumpkin muffins have the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and of course, chocolatey. They stay moist (ugh, anyone else hate that word?) and can be devoured as the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. They're really just the ultimate muffin.


This recipe is one that my mom has used for as long as I can remember and although I know it's from one of our many trusty cookbooks, I'm not sure which one. My family almost always copies favorite recipes down onto notecards.  The recipe is pretty close to the original with just a few small tweaks to it (like adding more chocolate....duh). I must say it's pretty close to perfection.


Without further ado, here's the recipe! Please let me know if you go ahead and try it out -- I promise you it won't disappoint! 

Ingredients
(makes about 12)
  • 1 & 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (I like to use white whole wheat but my mom always makes it with just white flour..it's really your preference!)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin (about half of a 1 lb can)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 
  1. Heat the oven to 350 F.  Grease or line the muffin tins. 
  2. Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt in a large bowl. 
  3. Break eggs in a separate bowl. Add pumpkin and butter and whisk until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are just moisturized. 
  5. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the center is puffy and springy to touch. 
  6. Let cool on a rack before enjoying with a glass of cold milk :) 

Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe? Any family favorites that remind you of Fall? I'd love to hear them and try them out!

xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment